Frederick County is known for its diversified agriculture, ranging from dairy and livestock, to grain to fruits and vegetables. As the days get longer and the temperature rises, the availability of locally grown food becomes more abundant and farmers’ markets are opening in Frederick County. The markets feature a variety of products from produce to baked goods to plants.
Buying directly from a farmer gives you fresh, healthy produce, keeps your food dollars close to home all while supporting a local family farm. In 2008, Frederick County compiled a Farmers’ Market Study and found that farmers markets have an impact of over $1.4 million dollars to our local economy. Buying from a farmers’ market in Frederick County stretches your dollar further than you could imagine.
- Emmitsburg Farmers’ Market
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Farmers’ Market
- Brunswick Farmers Market
- Frederick City Market
- Linganore Farmers and Artisans Market
- YMCA of Frederick County Farmers Market
- Walkersville Farmers Market
- The Great Frederick Fair Farmers’ Market
- Middletown Farmers’ Market
- West Frederick Farmers’ Market
- Farmers’ Market at NCI Frederick
- Thurmont Main Street Farmers’ Market
- Urbana Library Farmers’ Market
- Goodwill Industries of Monocacy Valley
Don’t have enough time to make it to a Farmers’ Market? Purchase a share in a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in your area. To find a list of some of the farms in Frederick County that offers CSA’s, pick up a copy of the 2015 Homegrown Frederick Magazine or get an electronic version at: https://issuu.com/diversionspub/docs/homegrown_2015.
Homegrown Frederick is designed to help citizens find local Frederick County farms that offer locally grown products as well as agri-tourism activities along with promoting the Family Festival @ the Farm and the Farmers’ Markets in the county.