Are you are currently working with a written food safety plan and are looking for more in-depth guidance to streamline food safety practices and programs on your farm, or are you are interested in pursuing U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Harmonized or Harmonized+ GAP certification? Attending an Advanced GAP course may be right for you!
*The Advanced GAP course does not satisfy the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) training requirement for the Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule (FSMA PSR)- a separate Produce Safety Alliance curriculum course meets that requirement.
Participants will gain the following from attending the Advanced GAP course:
• Insights to common issues seen in last year’s GAP audits
• Advanced guidance and discussion on assessing water quality, developing cleaning and sanitation programs, and developing worker training programs
• Updates on the Produce Safety Rule and tips to help you comply to the regulation
• A Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) Advanced GAP certificate
Cost: $15.00 includes a continental breakfast and lunch
Payment by credit card online after registration (Paypal) refunds are subject to credit card processing fees.
Payment by check made payable to: Frederick County EAC
Mailed to: University of MD Extension (UME)
330 Montevue Lane
Frederick, MD 21702
Registration deadline is Wednesday, February 5, 2020. No refunds after this date.
- February 19, 2020 / 8:00 AM
- Frederick County Extension Office
- Frederick, MD 21701
- Ag Partner Events