It’s no surprise to us that Frederick County was named one of the “Top 10 Best Counties in America” by Movoto in 2014. We’ve known all along that businesses and residents flourish here thanks in part to the far reaching effects that agriculture has on our economy and quality of life.
The Frederick County Office of Economic Development’s (OED) mission is to increase the overall economic health of Frederick County through attracting new businesses in our targeted industries and helping existing businesses be more successful.
Homegrown Frederick is a service of OED’s agriculture business development who focuses primarily on promoting agricultural opportunities and assisting agricultural businesses. Because Agriculture is a targeted Frederick County industry, OED also works with the Agriculture Business Council, an appointed Board comprised of local agriculture industry professionals that suggests and implements new ways to preserve the ag-industry and proactively informs the County Executive, County Council and the OED.
If you’re looking to start a new agribusiness or expand an existing one, we can help. Contact our office for more information today to get started. Services available include:
- Liaison on behalf of the agriculture industry
- Promotion and education of agriculture
- Permitting and zoning assistance for agriculture businesses
- Development of business plans to start or expand agricultural businesses
OED works closely with the Tourism Council of Frederick County to promote the many agritourism opportunities for visitors. OED also works with the following partners who further enhance our agriculture industry:
- Frederick County Agricultural Land Preservation Program
- The Great Frederick Fair
- Frederick County Farm Bureau
- University of Maryland Extension Office, Frederick County
- Catoctin & Frederick Soil Conservation Districts
- Frederick County Farm Museum
- Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Maryland Farm Bureau